Friday 25 January 2013

24.01.2013 - Left Twin and Right Twin, Aonach Mor

Yesterday Conor and I headed up the climbers gondola to climb on the east face of Aonach Mor.  Surprisingly there were not too many people around and we managed to be the first team on Left Twin III,4.  The route itself I personally felt was a bit beyond a grade III but was of the tech 4 mark.  Conditions on the route itself were very variable from bomber neve to dinner plating hollowed out water ice, of all the screws I placed (circa 8) on the first pitch, I dont think there was one I would be happy to fall on. After topping out and a brief visit from the screaming barfies (hot aches), back down Easy Gully (I) we went and on to Right Twin II.  My personal opinion is that in no way was this climb in the grade II bracket yesterday, more shit dinner plating ice and a lot of heavy spindrift made this route considerably harder than its grade would suggest.  All in all, more mileage and logbook days.  Big thanks to Conor for the photos and an interesting days climbing!


Me leading off on the second pitch of Right Twin II

Leading off on the first pitch of Left Twin III,4

trying to man up when the barfies strike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment