Saturday 14 June 2014

14.6.14 - Early shift on the Ben

This morning I was working for Adventure Nevis.   I drove to Fort William after nearly running over 3 foxes on the high road out side of Kinlochleven, and waited for Mira and Paulyne for our 0400hrs start.  I do not love getting out of bed at 0250hrs, but I do love this time of day in the mountains.  It has a real magic to it and unless you've been in the mountains so early no words I can type will be able to convey exactly what I mean (so get out there). We headed up the mountain footpath along a very sleepy and misty (not to mention hot and humid!) Glen Nevis and before long were engulfed in clouds. We reached the summit around 0730 after a detour to the top of No4 Gully area for some great views of the North face.  A fantastic morning was had by all, well done to Mira and Paulyne!





No comments:

Post a Comment