Saturday 20 April 2013

20.4.13 - Na Gruagaichean, The Mamores.

Today I was bored. I took myself for a short day up Na Gruagaichean 1,056m from the Kinlochleven side via Coire na Bá.  Na Gruagaichean is a mountain that I'd never been up before, probably because its right on my door step, I see it every day from my window and the fact that its 'right there' always took away any urgency to get up it, so when I found myself at a loose end today I thought I might as well.  The walk itself isnt particularly interesting until you actually top out on the ridge and are able to enjoy the views of the ring of Steall and the Ben.

Yesterday, Dave and I headed to Polldubh to kick start our summer season of rock climbing, nothing too hard on the first day out.  In good weather we enjoyed ascents of Resurrection VS4c, Damnation VS4c and Iche HVS 5a.

looking over to the ring of Steall

Kinlochleven, a staging area for the Jeremy Kyle show

Loch Leven and the Pap

Na Gruagaichean from my window


My window from Na Gruagaichean


looking back along the summit ridge 

The Ben and the CMD from Na Gruagaichean

No comments:

Post a Comment